Ozone is a Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) that protects server and client machines from malicious attacks and computer worms such as Sasser, Witty and Blaster.
Unlike reactive security products, such as anti-viruses and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Ozone does not rely on constantly updating thousands of ‘bad behaviour’ signatures in order to keep up with the latest security threats.
Instead, Ozone enforces ‘good behaviour’ of both applications and users. Defining good behaviour is a much easier problem to solve, as both applications and users should only carry out a limited number of tasks.
Enforcing ‘good behaviour’ provides a much better security guarantee and represents a paradigm shift in the security field.
Ozone puts security managers back in control of their networks and computer systems, enabling them to decide what their users and applications are allowed to do.
Key Benefits and Features:
- Protects against both known and unknown attacks.
- Protects against application specific attacks.
- Protects the operating system.
- Protects vulnerable systems before patches become available.
- Protects data against unauthorized removal (using networks, USB drives, etc).
- Available for both client and server machines.
- Requires no signature updates.
- Low false positive rates.
- Reduces administrative costs.
- Easy to manage.